Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm still here


Once beauty was so easy, golden hair and sun-kissed skin
Once there were grand parties where only VIP’s were seen
Plastic tv people keep viewers watching entertainment lacking skill
Commuting crowded trains for hours, on the roads; no time to kill

There’s always someone who wants to take your unimportant place
But I’m still here with all this going on, and stress’s running in a race

Once there was a castle where the peasants obeyed a king
Once the people got so down they wrote protest songs to sing
A preacher telling stories that make hypnosis look too easy
Punters on the stock market fingers crossed but how they lose it

There’s always someone who wants to take your unimportant place
But I’m still here with all this going on, and anger’s in your face

Once that all the food was gone the poor began to shout
Once the greedy left in flee and took barrels filled with stout
In a classroom, cameras on mobile phones capture anger at the front
Many under blue sheets try to keep warm with a volunteer lunch

There’s always someone who wants to take your unimportant place
But I’m still here with all this going on, and depression’s common case

Once our families that stayed together, rarely splintered into ones
Once fathers and mothers stayed at home, with children having fun
Job starters make the best of things but soon jobless they’re almost beaten
Rushing crowds try to buy things before factories even make them

There’s always someone who wants to take your unimportant place
But I’m still here with all this going on, and fear’s written on your face

No comments: