Saturday, March 24, 2007

On both sides


Cold winds will blow from south to north
No matter which way, onward I’ll walk
Easy words fly in the wind, away
As fears might steal our love, and betray

You told me how you wanted it to be
And my ears were always open, listening
But I can’t say you’re right, nor wrong
Truth is all that you can count upon

Standing at center as the compass spins
It points east and then to west, no one winning
Arms stretched out to both of you
I’m the middle way, on both sides of truth

Can’t stop wind as it blows away from here
Can’t you tell how hot it’s getting under the trees?
Waves are growing: a typhoon across the sea
And there’s nowhere to run looking for safety

I’m on both sides and it’s easy to see
Wind from both directions, a tornado’s fury
There’s time to be still and watch it all blow by
I’ll stay grounded within this ball of fire

Pointing up and then pointing down
Being so right while standing on a mound
Turn one way and then the other
What was or will be and we’ll lose one another

Standing at center as the compass spins
It points east and then to west, no one winning
Arms stretched out to both of you
I’m the middle way, on both sides of truth

No comments: