Saturday, February 16, 2008

End of a ring


Awakening, the long journey past
Light in my eyes I see faces here to last
Friends, companions, partners in unison
All show up at this welcome reunion

Wise white-haired man stands ahead
Peering down from the end of my bed
In come friends jumping all over me
Arrival of heroes fills my heart with glee

The moment of embrace
That brought me here to life
Overflowing love, too strong for words
Of any kind, yet love’s abounding spring

Tears shed once flowed down my cheeks
Remembering those friends once so near
And those that care, I love so dear

There is here so much to love,
To enjoy, and to be
In this sweet lonely hour

This life is here, not over
A whisper calling from beyond I hear
Reminds me of the time with you near
Where as two but one and ever changing

Memories of days gone by flood in
Images of love and friendship never ending

And I will be carried
Across a still night sea
Into the ever-now
Where you and I
Will meet again
As one

No comments: