Thursday, May 10, 2007

How you made me


I was thinking about you now
How you came and taught me how
Smiling, looking straight ahead
Now I hear that you are dead

Daydreaming into a happy past
How first love it always lasts
Needed someone for the dance
It was you, somehow by chance

Walked inside a vast warm home
Welcoming open arms, never alone
Mother cared; she really doted
Brothers and sister all were open

Top to toe, cigarettes in hand
Dylan spinning, playing in another land
Your husky tone, enthusiasm danced around
Lyrics remembered in just one sound

Sitting on a bench inside the car
Every weekend we drove so far
Parties took us out at night
Camping along the coast, out of sight

And in the end I fell away
A brutal shove, heart left in pain
Red neck marks took love from me
Deceit and hurt were haunting

I see you now as I did then
The two of us to the end
And finally the time has come
That love we shared forever one

How you made me cry
Almost made me dry
Now far beyond the sky
How you made me

No comments: