Saturday, August 12, 2006

That Will Do



I look but I can't see
Anyone who's really free
Where is all our liberty?
Gone to give security

Some might feel constricting fear
In tainted words repeated, clear
But there's love around us, near
No room for fear round here

We can unite to make a stand
Take each other by the hand
Let's keep our jobs and our land
Equality we must demand

They treat us as their slaves, in vain
They take our wealth; we're not the same?
It's useless to put down or blame
When love for all is just humane

What am I here to do?
How can I live with you?
The answer will be true
Who am I? That will do

These things I feel inside my heart
With words resounding in my head
I have to sing before I'm bled
This song is meant for you

I look to you to make the call
The mirror on my faded wall
Reflects the person that will fall
Unless I make a stand

Speak up, stand up and say it loud
Take the lesson from the shroud
My life is this; of it I'm proud
We're all just one enormous crowd

We can be one, eternally
If only truth can set us free
Our planet, and all people free
Each life, each one can be

What am I here to do?
How can I live with you?
The answer will be true
Who am I? That will do

No comments: