Wednesday, October 04, 2006

When I'm gone


There's a full moon rising slowly in the sky
And it lights the way to heaven on the ground
The path I took alone is homeward bound
But some choices that I made, made steep the climb

There are memories of laughter and of crying
And a birdsong in my window made me smile
It was the soul in your eyes made life worthwhile
Though your love when it was gone, felt like dying

My life was given me, to give to you
And all the while, it was love that made it true
Each life begins in wonder, all alone
So think of me and sing this song when I'm gone


Seasons come in time, and with the wind disappear
Blossoms bloom as nature's colors rich in hues
In every person, every life, nature's muse
Voices of spirit in every song that we hear

When the sun fills the sky, warms the earth
And heavy rain washes away tears of sadness
In our hearts we'll find joy, images of grace
And loving thoughts of you I'll always cherish

No comments: